Earth and Iceland

I've just dumped this set into the trash.
Generally, after the client gets their image, thats the way it goes.
 It filled my garage, took 2 days to cure and looked perfect: sculpted with carpet, roofing composite, concrete and orchre pigment, I built a minature Elah Valley for the fall of Goliath.  I can't show you the final image until it is published, but trust me, it will be award winning!












                                       OK, here is a tiny snip:














I seem to be drawn to tuscany tones.  Russets, amber, ochre and sienna. I am constantly picking up trinkets and iron relics to display on shelves, prop open a door, tack onto a fence, or wedge into a tree elbow.  Remembrance of things past.  A sense of antiquity.

But in this grey NW environment, these hues never ever make it onto my walls.  I subscribe Only to an icelandic palette and use primarily iced grayed whites for my wall.
And despite convention, I have no problem using a semi gloss on a plaster wall or a hi-gloss on the ceiling.  I Love mixing finishes.  One hue, used with different lusters, will create subtle mutations of reflecting light within a room as the quality changes through the seasons.


multiple finishes will take one hue in multiple directions.
















it took me weeks to actually match these colors.