Writers block.

I have a bit of  "writers block".  I didn't realize that I could get it because I don't think of myself as a writer.  But a blog is just a journal and it needs content to manage.  And if you don't feel like making any even if you know you should, but not sure you can and it just gets worse so then you won't, well thats "writer's block".  Right?



Seattle CityArts mag has a spot entitled: Blog Digest.
It offers up some enjoyable and inspirational blogs by artists and creatives. The November issue featured DimensionsAreVariable.blogspot.com from Seattle visual artist, Sharon Arnold.  It referenced a post by Sharon that addressed the pressures of part-time bloggers, (not companies or corporate entities), to post more often than they feel they can. That's "writers block".  In my case, post relative and interesting content on a regular basis.


Sharon goes on to suggest that many bloggers, companies and other entities use blogs to 'push' a product or brand.  In the case of an artist, or creative, blogging is an effective marketing tool for ourselves,  and as my inspirations shift and my focus wanders, I wonder if so does my 'brand'?


Sometimes I get exasperated by the variety of ideas and narrative that can constantly loop through my brain. 


Sometimes I'll over-think something, a posting, letter or email,  to the point of feeling some illusory sense of completion, and then never actually do it!


Reading through more posts by Sharon Arnold, I found comraderie and encouragement.
Sharon puts it perfectly, "... This blog and what I write about reflects who or what I'm looking at and how, and in a way, demonstrates how it feeds my work..." 


So now I'm over it. for a while. I shot these at Castle in The Air, which has the most fantastic selection of writing implements to help with writers block.



http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisabhammond/sets/72157614980431161/
http://www.cityartsmagazine.com/
http://DimensionsareVariable.blogspot.com/
http://castleintheair.biz/